Leaving a Gift in Your Will
Bequests to WIRES are a Living Legacy
- Leaving a gift in your will is a way for you to create lasting change for the future.
- Including WIRES in your will helps us to rescue and care for more animals, protecting and preserving wildlife for generations to come.
- Every gift no matter how big or small makes a significant difference for wildlife.
- Bequests are vitally important to WIRES work, helping us put life back in the wild for the last 35 years.
- Bequests to WIRES create a living legacy, helping tens of thousands of native animals every year.
How to Bequest
WIRES bequest information booklet, 'A Will to save our Wildlife' explains clearly the steps you should take and things to consider before you visit your solicitor to make or update your will.
It includes the correct wording for solicitors to include if you wish to bequest to WIRES and the booklet is free to anyone over 18 who would like a copy.
Eternally Native Club Membership
To honour our benefactors we have established Eternally Native, a special club for like-minded people who have pledged a bequest to WIRES in their wills. With their permission, members of Eternally Native are honoured during their lifetime when they are able to accept our warmest thanks and appreciation for their pledged support, thoughtfulness and generosity.
Membership is complimentary and voluntary. Members will receive a lapel pin, a certificate of appreciation and invitations to special events. There are no obligations of membership other than naming WIRES as a beneficiary in your will or having a life insurance policy that includes WIRES. If you would prefer not to participate and have your gift remain anonymous you can.
If you’re considering leaving a gift to WIRES we would love to talk to you to confirm the best way we can honour your wishes. If you would like to discuss options with us, if you have any questions about leaving a gift to WIRES in your will, or you’ve decided to include WIRES in your will and you’d like to let us know so that we can welcome you as a member of Eternally Native, please contact us.
Make a donation
Just $20 can help us to rescue and care for more native animalsDONATE NOW
Our Donor Charter
- We are committed to improving outcomes for native animals
- We act with integrity and use donations wisely
- We value your feedback and respect your privacy
Donations to WIRES are used to:
- Improve our capability to rescue and care for more animals
- Operate our Wildlife Rescue Office 365 days a year
- Subsidise food costs for wildlife in care
- Provide community wildlife information and education
- Provide wildlife training courses for volunteers and the community
- Support our volunteers
- Grow our service so that we can help wildlife for generations to come
We take your security seriously and all transactions are encrypted and processed on a secure server, so you can submit your credit card details here with confidence.
Did you know that WIRES...
- Receives tens of thousands of calls each year to help sick, injured and orphaned native animals.
- Trains hundreds of people in wildlife rescue and care every year and has over 3000 volunteers
- Has been serving wildlife and the community for almost 35 years