Major Donors, Trusts and Foundations
For almost 35 years WIRES has provided the community a free service dedicated to the rescue and care of wildlife. However, the wildlife information, education, rescue and care work that WIRES provides is an ongoing and expensive process, requiring both short and long-term investment. Without ongoing financial support we would be unable to provide our rescue and care services for native animals.
WIRES are very grateful for the support we receive from individual supporters, businesses, charitable trusts, funds and foundations. We know that all our major partners give to create positive lasting change and we are always happy to discuss different funding options and work together so that major gifts are allocated according to supporters' wishes.
The support we receive from major donors, trust, funds and foundations is essential to the future welfare of our native animals.
Major donations provide vital financial support for critical areas of our work, enabling us to:
- Expand our rescue and care services to help more animals
- Expand our wildlife information and education services to the community
- Provide more subsidies and support for our volunteers
- Expand our wildlife training services
- Fund our wildlife rescue ambulance in Sydney
- Prepare for natural disasters and emergency situations
- Support our rescue office that operates 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Continuously improve our rescue and care systems so that we can provide faster rescue and care assistance for animals and community members
If you would like to find out more about our work or you would like to work with us on a custom project, please email email@example.com or call (02) 8977 3327.
Make a donation
Our Donor Charter
- We are committed to improving outcomes for native animals
- We act with integrity and use donations wisely
- We value your feedback and respect your privacy
Donations to WIRES are used to:
- Improve our capability to rescue and care for more animals
- Operate our Wildlife Rescue Office 365 days a year
- Subsidise food costs for wildlife in care
- Provide community wildlife information and education
- Provide wildlife training courses for volunteers and the community
- Support our volunteers
- Grow our service so that we can help wildlife for generations to come
We take your security seriously and all transactions are encrypted and processed on a secure server, so you can submit your credit card details here with confidence.
Did you know that WIRES...
- Receives tens of thousands of calls each year to help sick, injured and orphaned native animals.
- Trains hundreds of people in wildlife rescue and care every year and has over 3000 volunteers
- Has been serving wildlife and the community for almost 35 years