WIRES - Donating Goods
If you have goods to donate, please complete the form below.
Please use the form rather than calling so we can keep WIRES rescue number free for rescue calls.
We may put you in contact with a WIRES volunteer close to your location to discuss the item you wish to donate, ask you to post the goods to WIRES central office so we can send out to volunteers in need or connect you with the Animal Rescue Cooperative (ARC). WIRES and ARC have worked closely together since the tragic 2019/2020 emergency events and we have distributed thousands of tonnes of goods (including wildlife food and supplies) to rescue groups and wildlife carers around Australia.
Anything you can help with from our Wish List will make a big difference to our volunteers and the numbers of animals we can assist:
- Large cages
- Possum boxes
- Top opening pet carriers
- Humidicribs / Incubators
- Heating pads with thermostat controllers
- Puppy training pads
- Puppy play pens
- Rolls of shade cloth at 50%, 80% and 90%
- Aviaries (preferably flat packed) –portable aviaries & fixed location aviaries
- Knitted 100% wool pouches & 100% cotton liners - Instructions for making pouches
- 100% cotton flat sheets and 100% cotton pillowcases
- Towels (particularly white towels)
- Wildlife food or credit with wildlife food suppliers (or donate to our Food Fund used 100% for wildlife food)
- Medical supplies (bandages, antiseptic, saline solutions, syringes, betadine, butterfly needles)
- Disposable gloves, facemasks
- Plastic tubs with lids
- Ceramic or metal food bowls
- Reusable cable ties
- Disinfectant hand wash
- Eslatoplast tape
- Micropore tape
- Sub-cut kits
We are also extremely appreciative of items we can give away to our volunteers or auction at fundraising events e.g. movie tickets, event tickets, hotel or resort stays, spa treatments or passes to attractions.
With some items e.g. aviaries, cages and towels we are happy to take used items as well as new. However, all used items must be of good quality and very clean for our volunteers to be able to use them for the wildlife in their care. Used towels must also have no loose threads as the animals can get caught in them.
If any hotels, motels or laundry services have clean, white towels or flat sheets you would like to donate as they can no longer to be used in room service, please get in touch using the form below.
Donating & Questions
If you can help with any of the items on our Wish List, or you have any questions, please fill in the form below.
Make a donation
Our Donor Charter
- We are committed to improving outcomes for native animals
- We act with integrity and use donations wisely
- We value your feedback and respect your privacy
Donations to WIRES are used to:
- Improve our capability to rescue and care for more animals
- Operate our Wildlife Rescue Office 365 days a year
- Subsidise food costs for wildlife in care
- Provide community wildlife information and education
- Provide wildlife training courses for volunteers and the community
- Support our volunteers
- Grow our service so that we can help wildlife for generations to come
We take your security seriously and all transactions are encrypted and processed on a secure server, so you can submit your credit card details here with confidence.
Did you know that WIRES...
- Receives tens of thousands of calls each year to help sick, injured and orphaned native animals.
- Trains hundreds of people in wildlife rescue and care every year and has over 3000 volunteers
- Has been serving wildlife and the community for almost 35 years